Experimental License is the permission to procure either through import or sale, wireless telecommunication products for research and development – experimentation – purposes. It’s issue by the Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing as per the guidelines set by the Department of Telecommunication.
In this article, we are going to cover everything that you need to know about experimental license.
What is experimental license?
Certain wireless telecommunication equipment are in use specifically for research and development – experimental – purposes. The nature of such telecom products combine with the scope they present makes it mandatory for the companies that seek to use them for experimentation to obtain an the License from the Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing.
Experimental License is issued on the basis of specific eligibility criteria. Applicants of the license must first ascertain whether they meet those requirements before applying for the license.
What are the eligibility criteria for license?
The applicant must meet the following requirements before proceeding with the experimental license process
- The aspirant of the license must have a registered business entity under the Companies Act, 2013
- It’s imperative the applicant provides a thorough reason behind his or her need of license.
- The applicant must not be someone who with criminal cases against him or her in Indian or international court – pending or otherwise.
- It’s important the applicant doesn’t have any disqualifications as mentioned in the guidelines for the experimental license.
If you’re fit all the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can proceed with the licensing process for the experimental authorization.
Procedure to obtain the Experimental License
To obtain the experimental registration, you need to follow the conventional steps as listed below:
- Furnishing the documents: First, the applicant must furnish the required documents in the prescribe format.
- Application filing: After furnishing the documents, the applicant must file the offline application for Experimental license. Being a niche registration and not being in a high demand hasn’t warranted this license process to be online. Thus, you need to physically submit the application form.
- Assessment of the application: The Wireless Planning And Coordination wing will initiate the application’s assessment as soon as receiving it from you. If issues are found, you’ll receive a notification stating you those issues with the timeline and the directions to fix them. Here, you’d have two choices – you can either attempt to mitigate the issues by yourself or consult with telecom consultants. Regardless of what you do, whether or not you’d get the license will depend upon whether you’ve satisfactorily made the necessary corrections.
- Grant of license: Provide that you’ve made all the necessary corrections, you’ll be issued the Experimental license.
Documents required for the Experimental License
For the issuance of the license, documents require are list below:
- Certificate of incorporation of your company
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- Cover Letter
- Technical specification of the product you seek to experiment on
- Testing boundaries of the experimental
- Details of the experiment
As far as business licenses go, experimental license is one of the most niche, and thus, the most ignored. Through this article, we have attempted to make you aware of them. If you wish to know about the types of products it will let you import or seek to obtain the license, contact Registrationwala.
Here is everything that you need to know about this license. Read it to know about the different aspects of an Experimental license including the body that issues it. For further assistance, contact Registrationwala.